Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Stitchville's Spring Fling Wrap Up

Stitchville's Spring fling was held last weekend and the weather was not as bad as feared.  I was able to drive over with no problems.  They do know how to plow roads here in Minnesota. 

We arrived Friday afternoon for our opening sessions and the start of the food coma.  Yes, we eat a lot at Spring Fling.  And often.  After some snacks and getting to know each other we headed in to the classroom for to start Friday evenings project. 
Cynthis Zittel of The Drawn Thread was our designer and she created a wonderful project for us.  Friday night we worked on a scissor fob which goes with Saturday's larger project.
We went to supper - more  food - then back to the classroom to finish the fob.  I nearly finished the fob when I realized that my second initial was one fabric thread too low.  Urgh!  I pulled it out, but decided that since it was already 9:30 PM I was not going to try to put it in.  As tired as I was I would have just put it in wrong again.  I know when to quit!  Off to bed and a good night's sleep.

Saturday started with breakfast, yes eating again, then on to get our kits for the main project.  It is a lovely thread keeper that could also be made into a sampler for those who don't like finish work.  As I love finishing I choose to make the pocket.  The first two pictures below are the pocket.  The next is the sampler.



We worked on the project until lunch - yes, food is the secondary theme here- then more project until supper.  After supper we went and had a shopping frenzy at the Aladdin's Cave known as Stitchville USA.  Such a fantastic shop!  Bliss!!!

Sunday began with more food, then a little more stitching and more food.  I reconnected with old friends and made some new ones.  Stitching, friendship, and food.  Who could ask for more?

There were also several Drawn Thread pieces brought in by retreat participants.  Here are some of them:


And now I am off to Fargo for Nordic Needles retreat.  So much stitching so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment